Engineer/Mechanic - Repairs and Maintenance
Manor Farm Feeds is a farm-based manufacturer of animal feeds and supplies a wide range of products to farms across much of central England. The company is 35 years old, with a workforce of 30 staff and a friendly and supportive working environment.
- A mechanically biased skills-set with electrical familiarity
- Ability to fault find and problem solve on equipment such as bearings, chain and flight conveyors, elevators, feed mixers, grain roller mills, hydraulics and airlines and packing and stacking equipment.
- Ability to manage own resources and make decisions.
- Ability to communicate with and work alongside the existing workforce.
- Willingness to learn new skills where required to fulfil the job specification
- Willingness to work overtime in breakdown situations.
- The successful candidate may be an experienced and fully skilled mechanic but could be a person with a mechanical flair and skills set who wishes to step up to learning new skills for which training will be provided.
- The job will suit a candidate who enjoys the friendly working environment of a small family owned business with local and loyal customers.
This is a full-time post and the primary role is to provide day-to-day maintenance and repairs of grain conveying and processing systems, animal feed mixing systems and packaging and robot stacking systems. From time to time there will be ‘projects’ to add new machinery or major replacements. The job also involves the first response to vehicle and fork-lift truck maintenance and breakdown needs and to manage the regular servicing and maintenance of these vehicles by outside service response companies.
Conditions of Employment:
- Normal working hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Overtime required in breakdown situations.
- Salary according to skills and experience
- Pension Scheme
In the first instance applicants may wish to discuss the post further and can do so by making contact by email or phone. Applications for the post should include a CV or a letter describing experience, previous jobs and skills. Apply to:
Richard Harvey: [email protected] Mob. 07976 631106